Saturday, May 4, 2013

Closing Much Ado/Opening One Act Festival AND..... Summer! :)

Well Hello!!!
So.................. Much Ado About Nothing is over, but now, THE 322 ONE ACT FESTIVAL IS STARTING! we opened the show yesterday and had A FULL HOUSE! it was incredible!

If you missed the show yesterday, you can come today at 3 or tonight at 730! It is in the Fine Arts Center in J Studio in the theatre Department (if you've seen Metamorphoses, Company, or No Exit this year, it is the same theatre!)

Congratulations to all 7 directors (and three playwrights!) and to all of the wonderful actors, designers, crew, management and thanks to the audience! I cannot think of a better way to close this school year!

I cant believe I am about to be a senior! The past three years just FLEW right by. I cannot express in words the wonderful experiences I have had here. In just this year alone I have been concessions manager, have been cast as Amy in Company, and Inez in No Exit, received an ACTF nomination, have written and directed my own play, AND my own music video, as well as ASMing for the first time! Not to mention that I was able to Hair/Wig/Makeup design TWO shows! I also was able to stand as the department's Vice President and Office Assistant. I cannot thank URI theatre enough for these wonderful opportunities! But enough about me!! COME SEE THE STUDENT DIRECTED ONE ACT FESTIVAL!

Have a great summer everybody! Enjoy the sun and the beach! And spend time with your friends and family! See you next year! (though I will probably post over the summer!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment